Sunday, July 1, 2007

cake AND presents

I've always thought that getting a piece of cake was a pretty darn cool perk to shooting weddings. Then, Brian & Krista go and raise the stakes two-fold. First of all, the groom's cake was a replica of Ugga, the UGA bulldog. Oh yeah. Second, they sent me an awesome print by Jamie Calkin (www.jamiecalkin.com) of the Taylor-Grady House where they got married (I have a photo in an earlier post). Jamie is an Athens artist who does these really great watercolor paintings, often of the local areas. Brian & Krista hired him to create paintings during the ceremony and reception. How cool is that?!? Jamie was a really nice guy, and I'd say quite a trooper for creating his works in the unforgiving heat that day. Below is a pic of the print they sent me. Big thanks to the new Mr. & Mrs. Kern for this much-appreciated gift!


Now for some more pics of the wedding itself.

The great bustle endeavor of 2007. Good work, ladies! I don't know how you did it! This is the "before" picture.

Here's the view out the front of the house just before the ceremony, which took place on the porch just outside these doors.

A man who can pull off wearing a hot pink flower. Right on, Brian!

Chilling in Athens at the UGA arch, y'all.

Okay, here's one of those shots that you'll either love or hate. I love it because it's like an anti-wedding shot, and I think Krista's expression is very fashion-y. Anybody feel me on this?

First dance romance at it's best.
Back to photoshopping for me. I'm trying to finish up Brian & Krista's shots this weekend. Let's see, that means I technically have until midnight, right? Wish me luck! Then it's on to Anne and Hannah's wedding shots. I can't wait to post some of their pics and tell you the story of their beautiful relationship.

No comments: