Thursday, November 27, 2008

from the biggest turkey ever

HAPPY THANKSGIVING!!!

Here's a little self-portrait for you on this fine turkey day. We used to make these hand drawings when I was little. However, I'm now embracing a more minimalistic style versus the feathered creatures produced by my six-year-old hand which were so fraught with glue, glitter, and construction paper, they were nearly unrecognizable as birds.

I have so much to be thankful for. In fact, when I was just taking a shower, I was thinking about how incredible it is that we have access to clean water at any temperature at any time. That may seem like an odd thing to appreciate in this country, but I hardly drink anything but water, and I love a scalding hot shower in November. It's such a simple thing to us, but a lot of folks could only imagine it.

I'm also entirely grateful for my family, friends, my health, the fantastic people I've met this year, being able to follow a dream, and the hope of a brighter future. That's the condensed list. Believe me, you don't want the extended dance remix list that includes being thankful for things like socks with lycra, drivers who aren't scumbags, a line-free ladies room, and days where I don't have to pull a giant hair from my chin.

Now, at the brilliant suggestion of my friend Tommy, I have to go figure out how to make turkey pancakes. Have a splendid holiday, everybody!







No comments: