Tuesday, October 7, 2008

andisheh & christi!

I feel like I'm still enjoying this wedding, long after the last song was played and the final glass was removed from the table. Christi and Andisheh are the kind of people you simply enjoy being around. They're both kind, smart, witty, and quick to laugh. I'm so thrilled to have been chosen to capture their incredible wedding day.

The event took place at the picturesque Serenbe Farm. Matt was my second shooter, and he and I kept talking about how we need to pick a weekend to hang out at this place. The rooms and the property are lovely, and the farm and surrounding areas have a strong sense of community, focusing on nature, growing organic foods, etc. So cool!

Christi and Andisheh couldn't have picked a more perfect place for their entrance into marriage. Matt and I were inspired by the honest and obvious feelings these two exhibit for each other and with their loved ones. Thanks for such a sweet reminder.



This shot was taken by Matt, and is one of my favorites. Christi's eyes are even more stunning in person.





I need to ask Andisheh if he got any help from Oprah when writing his vows.





I have to give these two a shout-out for opting to see each other before the ceremony. It allowed us to stroll around the property and get lots of fantastic shots of the two of them being adorable. Yay!





Andisheh was cracking me up! Apparently, he saw something he liked, and got a bit distracted.



Their super-cute doggies, Mathilde and Sarah, made a brief appearance for some photos. Unfortunately, the heat and excitement was a little too much for them, so they headed home. I can't blame them. Taking in the land, the people, and the farm animals was pretty darn exciting. I think I was panting heavily too.





The autumn-colored details were so perfect.

















It was a very emotional ceremony. Here, Andy's dad is reading a poem.





I wish I had audio of their first dance. Andisheh surprised Christi by having CJ (karaoke master at Mary's) sing "I'll Be There" by the Jackson 5. It was more than awesome. In the slideshow (at the end of this post), there's a pic of CJ working his magic.





They wanted this photo to potentially make into thank-you notes. So creative!



Thankfully, these were taken at the very end of the last dance. The reason I say "thankfully" is because I got so choked up shooting these, that I would have needed a minute to recover!




To see a slideshow of more images from this beautiful day, please click HERE



3 comments:

Anonymous said...

god, I love your work. Can't wait to have you do my headshot! Beautiful wedding pictures.

maryk said...

wow.

stacey said...

thanks, y'allz. it was such a great day.