Wednesday, January 28, 2009

clint!

It's always great to take some headshots that convey a really intense expression, where the actor looks utterly engaged in what they're thinking. This is not always an easy look to capture. You may notice in these shots that this expression comes very naturally to Clint. However, I'll let you in on a little secret. He's obviously a good actor, because we were cracking up through the whole session! In fact, you should beg him to show you his "blooper" reel because there are some gems in there!

Before his session, we had talked about making sure we captured his super-blue eyes. I must say, I have a bit of eyeball envy. Now, I'm not dissing my brown eyes, but I just wish I could borrow Clint's for a day or two.

I have to mention one more headshot-related item. Clint let me borrow a book (that actually belongs to his roomie, Derrick) called "Holy Headshot!". It's an awesome collection of "what not to do" headshots and resumes. Both me and Matt (my actor hubby) laughed so hard at this, I think we needed a nap. Here are a few of my favorite reviews of this masterpiece...

"Not since the young Norman Mailer returned from World War II and penned
The Naked and the Dead has a first book delivered such a powerful portrayal of bravery in the face of unimaginable horrors. A profound and disturbing insight into the human condition, and a clarion call for reason in our troubled culture. Borelli and Gorenstein may be the next titans of American letters."-- Todd Hanson, writer and editor, The Onion, America's Finest News Source

"This is a strange and beautiful gallery of brave dreamers; their pictures are like the illustrations in a dictionary in which every entry is "HOPE." And even when the wardrobe is very bad, or the facial hair regrettable, or the poses inexplicable, these people deserve your appreciation and applause."-- John Hodgman, author of The Areas of My Expertise and contributor to The Daily Show with Jon Stewart

Thanks so much Clint for a fun read and a FUN photo shoot!










PS: This next shot cracks me up.


No comments: