Saturday, January 31, 2009

ode to etsy - part 1

I love Etsy. The way a stressed-out maniac loves his happy place. The way a gal on a bad date loves a margarita. The way my cats will one day love killing me in my sleep. You get the idea.

For those not yet in the know, Etsy is a website where folks can buy and sell mostly handmade items. Think a cooler version of Ebay, and without the pesky auctions.

I never cease to be impressed by the artistry of the sellers I come across, and my wish list just keeps getting bigger and BIGGER! So, I've decided to post some occational shout-outs to the wonderful things I've discovered while feeding my web obsession.

Today's installment covers Art & Prints. I highly encourage clicking the links below to see more work by each artist. Some people who win the lottery might buy a fancy car. I'd buy a Honda and decorate the inside with these prints.




1. barkingbirdart Group Hug II (Limited Edition Print) $18
2. carambatack Fantasy tree with owl - Limited edition print $20
3. GollyBard Pinewood Stumps – print $18
4. petitcollage Rabbit and Flora Gocco Screenprint $28
5. amberalexander Tilly's Journey $18
6. esoule 2 Lambs, 5x5 box $58
7. wonting woodland buddies $20
8. treetopstudio hummingbird garden print $18
9. kwilson544 Cupcake bird $35
10. matteart Large Giant Suburban Bear Monster visits Chicago print $60
11. luckybunnyworldwide Love (Rats) - Screen Print $75
12. misanthrope FINAL DRAFT Assembled Art Print (unframed) $15


4 comments:

holly aka golly said...

Thank you for featuring my Pinewood stumps among these fabulous Etsy artists! You are too kind!

Stacey Bode said...

My pleasure! I hope it brings some traffic to your Etsy store. Your work is fantastic!

widdiwoo said...

The first sentence of this blog CRACKED ME UP! You are oh so clever... And I'm in love with Cupcake Bird.

widdiwoo said...

The first sentence of this blog CRACKED ME UP! You are oh so clever... And I'm in love with Cupcake Bird.