Tuesday, August 19, 2008

patron of saint george

Thought I'd post a few more pics taken during our recent jaunt to the island. It was beautiful, as usual. For some reason, I had a hard time "letting" myself relax. The internet connection was out for a couple days, and it was like going through detox. The only way I could really chill out was by picking up the camera and taking some photos. Well, I also laughed at just about everything that came out of Mary's mouth. There was even snorting and spit takes. For the life of me, I can't remember what was so funny. What I do recall is that the whole weekend, we couldn't get the song "Baby Come Back" out of our heads.



I had this all to myself...



According to Paul Simon, an island never cries. However, a girl on an island cries a lot when covered with welts from radioactive mosquitoes.







My friends are funny.






1 comment:

Unknown said...

We love St George. Vacationed there w/ the kids for three summers in a row. It's the only place Grady wants to go, it seems.

And Paul Simon was right, an island never cries. He should know - he is a rock, and his mama loves him like one too. (check that out, two song references in one sentence!)