Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Langston!

When Matt was a young fella (still sportin' Camaro hair in Florida), his mom joined him up with the Big Brothers, Big Sisters program, and he met a wonderful guy named Rick. Matt and Rick spent time together and developed a friendship that lasted into adulthood. Rick was a pilot, and I think of him every time I'm in an airplane. When I told him that I get nervous flying, he said "Just remember, the pilot wants to make it home too". Smart words from a great man.

A couple years ago, Matt decided to become a Big Brother himself, and was introduced to Langston. I have to give a nod to the folks who run the program. They're really careful how they match people, and these guys are two peas in a pod. Langston is one sharp kid, and so polite (thanks to his mom, Patrice). He also has a creative side, which is why we took these headshots. Looking at these pics, I can't believe how much he's grown up since we met him!







1 comment:

ablebody said...

what up, smooth? great shots, great kid!