Thursday, March 6, 2008

blue-collar oddities

Casey and I have been wanting to "play photo" for a while now. Sadly, we weren't able to find a giant praying mantis for him to fight in the images, so we went another route. I found a feather bow tie at a flea market a while back and knew I had to take pics of Casey wearing it. He just seems like he belongs in an Edward Gorey drawing.

I also used the opportunity to experiment with off-camera flash. During rush hour. On an exit ramp to Moreland Avenue. Somethin' aint right in my head. I'm just glad Casey's not a shy man. I don't even remember why, but we ended our playtime by walking back to the car while holding flowers, a nest of golden eggs, a ukulele, a step ladder...and belting the song "I'm every woman". We aint right.















Thanks Casey! I'll keep looking for giant insects on Ebay, and we'll play again.

1 comment:

Susie (-Stanton) +Scully said...

That is one cool lookin dude!